Friday, July 27, 2007

Tameka speaks on her and Ushers relationship in essence mag


I found this at the forum CyberTLC but its from essence magazine


This past January when multiplatinum-selling crooner and actor Usher proposed to his longtime friend and former personal stylist, Tameka Foster, the rumor mill went into overdrive speculating about the sincerity of their union. Foster, the owner of Swanky Image Group and Hides & Dungarees denim and leather collection, has been under fire from disgruntled bloggers, naysayers in the industry and gossipmongers ever since. Essence.com recently checked in with the future Mrs. Raymond to ask her how it feels to be in the eye of the storm.

Confessions: "No, I am not pregnant with my ex-husband's child..."

Essence.com: Bloggers worldwide have criticized your relationship with Usher. You haven't responded until now. Why?

Tameka Foster: Unfortunately many people live for negativity and are brainwashed by the misinformation of bloggers, rumors, haters and speculators. They don't want to believe the truth because the negative stories have more appeal to them. Friends tell me about some of it and we'll laugh, but honestly, I don't pay attention to the gossip on the day-to-day. However, things have been said about my ex-husband and about me and my relationship with Usher's mom among other things, that I would like to clear up. I am not speaking because I feel the need to validate our relationship. We're good.

Essence.com: The media has accused you of being "difficult," "manipulative" and "crazy." Is it tough to hear these assertions about your character?

T.F.: I'm probably one of the most down-to-earth, non-Hollywood people you'll ever meet. I'm real, not plastic. So you'll never see me smiling perfectly in every picture or waving my hand for the cameras like a princess on a float. If anything, I'm always trying to avoid taking pictures. I'm shy in that way. The spotlight is Usher's lane.

Essence.com: Let's address some of the rumors. Were you creeping with Usher while you were still married and he was still dating TLC's Chilli?

T.F.: No, it's not true. For the record, I was legally separated from my husband, to whom I was married to for five years, not 10 as many have reported. He knew Usher and I were dating, and he was dating other people. I don’t understand why people act like it’s a crime live, date and be happy especially once you're living apart and awaiting a divorce from your soon-to-be ex-husband. Also, it was the photographers who were creeping. Usher and I went to St. Bart's to celebrate my birthday in December 2005 and partied for five days straight all over the island. We weren't hiding! We didn't even know we were being photographed until we got back to the States. The funny thing is, my ex-husband was on vacation with his date in the Bahamas and having a good time. We were all chilling.

Essence.com: When did your relationship with Usher blossom into romance?

T.F.: In November 2005. What people don't realize is that Usher and I were friends for nearly seven years and I worked as his personal stylist for five years. I was the only female friend he felt he could talk to. Because I was older, he would often ask me questions to help him understand the mentality of an older woman. He was really into Chilli. And when things began to get shaky in my marriage he was there to listen to me as well. But I want to make this clear: We only began dating when Usher was certain that there was no chance of reconciliation between me and my ex, because who wants to be known for breaking up a family or for sharing a woman?

Essence.com: Are you and Chilli friends?

T.F.: No, we've never hung out. I haven't seen or run into her in nearly four years. The media tries to say his album Confessions (which explores the themes of infidelity) was about me, but it wasn't. The album isn't even about Usher's life. But when you're an artist and sing certain lyrics they're often taken literally.


To read the entire article, http://www.essence.com/essence/themi...633839,00.html

No comments: